Terry's Tidbits

Random thoughts of a Ritterhouse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas, United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jonny!


As I've written before, we participated in the Ulster Project in 2005, and "our" Northern Irish teen was Jonny Laverty. Tomorrow (January 15th) is Jonny's birthday, but I probably won't have time to write on his actual birthday (because, for one thing, it's a work day and I won't have time, and, probably more of a reason, Dylan doesn't have school and will be home all day, probably in the basement playing video games and/or on the computer, so I'll either be bothering him by being down here in the same room with him or I won't be able to get on because he'll be on), so I'm doing it today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JONNY!
For dessert today, partly in honor of Jonny, we had my version of honeycomb cake. (Jonny, if you're reading this, I know my version was nothing like what your mom makes, but Dylan and Rex like it, and it DID win top prize at the Blarney Cook-off! AND, you never did get the recipe for me from your mom!!! You need to send it to me sometime, so I can make the one you were talking about.)
I know tomorrow is also Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, and you might be wondering why I'm making more of a big deal about Jonny's birthday. Well, MLK Jr. was all about building peach and understanding between all people, and that's also what the Ulster Project is all about -- building peach and understanding primarily between Catholics and Protestants of Northern Ireland, but that spills over to others. I know we got as much out of the Ulster Project as any of the Northern Irish did. It was a fantastic experience and changed all of our lives.
So, once again, Happy Birthday, Jonny! Wish we could be there in person to help you celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home