Terry's Tidbits

Random thoughts of a Ritterhouse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hutchinson, Kansas, United States

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rock the Vote/Voting Rocks

REMEMBER TO VOTE TUESDAY!!
There is NO excuse for not voting, short of being critically ill or similary incapacitated. While I won't tell you for whom to vote, I feel the need to make some observations on some of the upcoming local races.
First, let me say that I am a registered Republican, attend church regularly (sing in the choir, serve on committees, etc.), don't smoke or drink or use drugs (other than the multitude of meds prescribed for my migraines and assorted other maladies I've acquired over the years), and am basically a just a mild-mannered midwestern mama. But there are two Republicans I hope are not re-elected: Attorney General Phill Kline and Kansas Board of Education member Ken Willard. I encourage any of you who can to vote for Paul Morrison for Attorney General and for Jack Wempe for the Board of Education. I also encourage you to vote for USD 308's bond issue, if it's on your ballot.
But no matter who or what issues you're for, please vote. You have nothing to complain about if your candidates and issues don't win, and your vote CAN make a difference!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least Kansans wisely chose to send Kline packing! kritter

November 08, 2006 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two out of three isn't bad, but it would have been nice to have Wempe on the State Board of Ed. At least the make-up of the Board has changed, so maybe they can tackle real issues instead of pet agendas.

November 10, 2006 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home